Cooking for you Like Family
- We provide box-style and buffet-style catering as well as family meal packages.
- We provide catering for small family dinners, special family and corporate events, office luncheon, parties, weddings and more!
- Special Events – guests of honor will receive a complimentary gift from The Black Italian! (i.e. Birthday, Graduation, Retirement, Showers, Engagements, Rehearsal Dinners, Weddings, Bereavement, and more.)
- We can work with dietary needs including vegetarian, vegan, keto, dairy-free, gluten-free, low sodium, diabetic, pescatarian, and more!
- All pasta and Zucchetti pans come with baked garlic bread bites and serve 10.
- Complimentary mints provided for all orders.
- Ask about our free individual boxed lunch program, loyalty program, referral rewards and more!
- ORDERING AND INQUIRIES
- Please use the link below to complete your inquiry. Please allow 48 hours for our team to get back to you.
- You may also email your inquiries/orders to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 48 hours for our team to get back to you.
- We accept inquiries and orders via our Shoppe phone at 502-690-8914, but request a brief message with all contact info and basic catering information. We highly recommend emailing us for specific questions and detailed info if the inquiry link does not offer all information you need. Please allow 48 hours for our team to get back to you.
- We request a minimum notice on all catering packages:
- 48 hours for 35 people or less.
- 72 hours for orders with 36-50 people
- 5 business days for orders with 51 to 99 people
- 7 business days
- If we are able to take a last-minute order and fulfill it, there is a 15% rush order fee that will be applied to the order total. Last-minute orders are considered any orders submitted or requested later than the minimum requirements listed above.
- DELIVERY, SERVICE FEE, PAYMENT AND ADDITIONAL SERVICES:
- A $150 minimum order is needed for all deliveries.
- Includes delivery, basic setup, serving ware and catering supplies. The fee is 8.5% of the subtotal and is not an automatic gratuity. This covers traveling expenses and all catering supplies including serving ware. Additional fuel charges may be assessed for special requests or deliveries farther than a 10 mile radius of The Black Italian (2009 Highland Avenue, Louisville KY 40204)
- Catered pick up orders will be assessed a 3.5% charge and will include serving ware.
- Basic and Elegant Style entree plates, appetizer plates and cutlery packs are available and will be quoted with inquiry.
- Deposit and Final Payment
- A50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure the date and purchase supplies. That would be due immediately upon receipt of the invoice.
- The balance is due the day prior to the event.
- The Black Italian may work with net payment schedules for non-for-profits at their discretion.
- The Black Italian may work with net payment schedules for contracted work.
- We accept all forms of payment including checks and cash. All credit card transactions will be charged a 2.9% CC processing fee.
- Buffet Warmer Sets – we do not provide full service plated catering, but can provide black wire buffet sets with disposable chafer pan and 2 sternos (each set would hold two half pans)and are $29.95 each.
- The Black Italian may be able to offer servers for service contracted out if needed for a client’s event with proper notice.
- The Black Italian reserves the right to refuse service for unpaid invoices due at the date and time of delivery.
- Payments received after the payment schedule may be assessed a late fee. Late fee schedule will be provided upon request.
- Returned Payments or insufficient fund payments will be assessed a $59 NSF fee and applicable late fees will be assessed.
The Black Italian takes pride in the ingredients that we use. We do not sacrifice the quality of our dishes for lesser quality ingredients. On occasion, we may have to wait on our vendors if their supplies are low. This may lead to limited menu availability and pricing changes in some cases.
Five stars! Top quality entrée’s each uniquely flavored, simply delicious! I highly recommend for any event, office party, corporate meeting, or family gathering. Will continue to use them for all future events...” – Janelle M.
WOW! From start to finish this company has been absolutely amazing. We had a beautiful experience for our tasting, the service provided was professional and stellar. The food was tasty and we knew we had made the right decision. Our wedding was 3 months away and The Black Italian took all our stress and worries away and delivered nothing but awesomeness. Our guest loved the pasta dishes provided and so did we! Book with them for your next event you will not be disappointed. – Darien D.
Highly recommended! The Black Italian catered my daughter's sweet 16 and it was perfect. The personal touches to make my daughter's meal special ( card, mints, family connection helper sheets) were really impressive. Super authentic and Paula does a great job in describing the love and authenticity that goes into each recipe. I had to order mine to reheat later and the instructions to do so were right on point; no taste or texture lost! Highly recommend the smoked beef penne and the creamy garlic formaggio. Super delicious and great people to work with for any event large or small! -Vanessa T.
BIG pasta lover and a bigger fan of smoked, grilled meat. The Black Italian does BOTH!! Kudos to Paula and her Super Hubby Anthony for being one of Louisville's BEST dynamic duos in the kitchen and on the grills! Not to mention, solid hearts of GOLD. Their customer service is EPIC too!! #LoveThem! -Andre G.
Paula and Anthony offer more than just amazing food. They pour their hearts and souls into their work; the result being a fabulous meal brimming with passion and pride. Their commitment to community, and children and families in particular, is an inspiration to all they serve. (Also, don't pass up the marinated mushrooms...trust me!) -Beth M.
"Like" is a complete understatement! The Black Italian catered my uncles retirement dinner and everyone LOVED the food! Paula was professional start to finish. I can't enough about how delicious everything was! The meatballs are my favorite! -Abby B.